Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS's founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight of an established Service Desk co-located in DC and Texas
• Serve as Incident Manager for critical Incidents
• Manage ad hoc bridges for highly impactful issues
• Forecast potential Service Desk issues based upon trending data and implement corrective action plans
• Work with the appropriate stakeholder to resolve all escalated Service Desk requests
• Prioritize and escalate requests in order to assure compliance with contractual and internal Service Level Agreements (SLA
• Maintain stated guidelines, processes and procedures that dictate Service Desk ticket responses.
• Provide regular updates to Business Leadership.
• Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
• Attends meetings to represent the team as needed
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s)
• Provides reports using extracts from ServiceNow as requested
• Provide regular updates to Business Leadership
• BA or 5 years equivalent experience
• ITIL Foundations certification or 3 years working in an ITIL-structured environment
• Acts as advisor to team members to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
• Strong written and verbal communications - must provide examples
• The Service Desk has 24x7 Operations so some weekend and evening shiftwork will be required on a rotating schedule
• 2 years of experience using ServiceNow
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau. Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast potential Help Desk issues based upon trending data and implement corrective action plans.
- Oversee Help Desk "User Complaint Process". Develop and maintain formal procedures for consistency and increased productivity.
- Resolve all escalated Help Desk requests.
- Prioritize and escalate requests in order to assure compliance with contractual and internal Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Potential financial impact to MAXIMUS if SLAs are not met.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures that dictate Help Desk ticket responses.
- Manage process of all local work station moves and new installations as required.
- Provide regular updates to Business Leadership. Manage the relationship between IT and Operations Management to ensure IT is seen as a trusted business partner.
- Conduct Monthly "1x1" meetings with staff and provide performance feedback.
- Evaluate employee performance and make recommendations on employee Bonus and Merit incentives.
- Responsible for planning employee work schedules to ensure sufficient coverage during operating hours.
- Responsible for interviewing and selecting qualified staff members.
- Cross-train employees to ensure work load flexibility.
- Monitor timekeeping for accurate client billing.
- Ensure staff are provisioned for appropriate systems.
- Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.