The Business Banking Credit Officer will target customer/prospect calls to objectively assess business models and management adequacy. Coordinate and facilitate activities with Credit Officers, Portfolio Risk Management, Credit Review, Special Assets, Internal Audit, Corporate Risk Mgmt, SBA Director, and others Member of Bank and Group senior staff teams, Credit Risk Management Subcommittee, ALLL Committee, CRA Committee, SBA Governance, etc, with accordant responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Regulatory exam and SBA audit coordination and management as it relates to assigned portfolios and related products or services
- Acquisition due diligence and transition management leadership role
- Risk Management projects as assigned and/or independently identified
- Provide skill and performance assessments to line personnel and managers
- Credit structuring and approvals for SBA loans and any related exposure to meet strategic objectives
- Problem loan management - direct and monitor early stage action plans consistent with Informed Patience doctrine - member of Asset Review Committee
- Delinquency, overdraft, overadvance, over-line, short-margin, ACH, documentation and policy exception management
- SBA credit policy and procedure development, implementation, training & maintenance, to meet strategic objectives under the direction of the SBA Director
- Business partnering" with assigned all line lending units - proactive constructive cultural integration and coordination
- Other general portfolio management requirements per strategic objectives (e.g. Field Exam Reviews)
- 7 - 10 years Commercial credit experience
- Line-lending experience of five years strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge of products and related risk issues
- Working directly with SBA SOP and SBA credit policy to decision SBA loans.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Hours and Work Schedule
- Bachelor's degree required
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8-5 Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.