To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general public.
- Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly and understand their needs
- Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
- Must meet all state health requirements
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Follow laundry schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including but not limited to resident personal laundry items, linens, towels, blankets and other departmental laundry.
- Ensure all residents' personal laundry is laundered separately and labeled appropriately.
- Ensure residents' personal laundry is returned to the appropriate person and location.
- Ensure laundry from other departments is cleaned appropriately and returned to the correct location.
- Assist with folding, hanging and ironing of resident or departmental laundry items.
- Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
- Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
- Work in concert with admissions to insure that all incoming residents' rooms are cleaned, beds made, linens available and ready for move-in.
- Assist with housekeeping duties as directed or as needed including, but not limited to resident rooms and common areas.
- Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by supervisor.
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
- Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as required.
- Log water or heat temperatures as required or requested.
- Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Keep janitor closets and laundry supply rooms clean and orderly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.
Posting ID: 552773980Posted: 2020-05-21