At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Commercial Transaction II within PNC' Equipment Finance - Aviation organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. Job Description
- Prepares documents to match specifications of credit approval, deal requirements, and policies for complex transactions. May provide client-facing service directly or with senior coordinators and interact with external business partners. May provide on-the-job training or coaching.
- Creates and maintains legal document files required for complex transactions. Coordinates with Servicing to onboard and accurately book transactions into accounting system.
- Prepares and issues legal documents to client for complex transactions. Reviews client-executed documents for compliance. Prepares requests to release client funds.
- Satisfies documentation due diligence for complex transactions. Interacts professionally with internal and external contacts to gather necessary information. Identifies exceptions, escalates when necessary and resolves appropriately.
- Prepares and files security documentation for complex transactions required to perfect interest in the collateral.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Collaborating - Knowledge and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Operational Functions - Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Products and Services - Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices. Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 4+ years of related business or functional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Education
Associates Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.