At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Software Developer (DevOps) within PNC's C&IB MIS organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
In this role, you will build and deploy J2EE application source code, develop and maintain application build functions. The successful candidate will also develop and maintain application tools that build, deploy, automate and streamline code management and product delivery process. The individual must assist the coordination build schedules between Development teams, DBAs and Operations, develop and improve build communication channels, and develop, improve, and document build processes and procedures.
The following skills are preferred:
• Strong time management and work organization
• Strong verbal and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Git and branching strategies
• Experience with Java Application Servers
• Experience working with Jenkins
• Experience working with a Linux platform and shell scripting
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• Working knowledge of java build tools like Maven, Gradle, and Ant
• Working knowledge of NodeJS, NPM, and Angular
• Knowledge of application development life cycle (SDLC)
The following skills are a Plus:
• Working knowledge of Agile Scrum or Kanban
• Working experience building CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
• Working knowledge of IBM Urban Code Deploy
• Working knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server
• Working knowledge of jFrog Artifactory
• Experience using LiquiBase or other DBMS version control system
• Ability to support Saturday morning releases approximately every six weeks Job Description
- Develops, tests and implements software solutions.
- Designs software solutions to address business needs.
- Writes code, tests and deploys software.
- Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
- Maintains and debugs software.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Application Design, Architecture - Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Development Tools - Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Maintenance - Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
Application Testing - Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Development Life Cycle - Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.) Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Education
Bachelors Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.