At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
Sr. Product Development Engineer Job Summary
The Product Development team is a division dedicated to leading projects from concept idea through First Validation Run at Niagara. We strive on our strong analytical competencies, detailed knowledge of the product development process, our ability to build and maintain positive relations, and our knowledge of Niagara's core competencies to help us achieve our goals of bringing products to market.
The Sr. Product Development Engineer is responsible for independently managing the coordination of designing new and existing large-scale products. This position is responsible for being the technical resource for major commercialization activities while providing technical experience for new and existing product related issues. This position collaborates with different internal departments for prototyping, testing procedures, manufacturing capabilities/ specifications, supply chain and marketing. Essential Functions
- Research and implement product development processes and streamline implementation with major stakeholders.
- Develop training materials to use with cross-functional departments related to product development and commercialization process.
- Provide technical expertise to managers, directors, and above as needed for all product development projects
- Maintain and build strong and effective relationships with all departments and be technical resource for customer visits and related inquiries.
- Build financial models for the department focusing on all key
- Continuously improve processes, procedures, models, SOPs, etc...to aid the product development and commercialization process.
- Responsible for managing the front-end development scope of projects.
- Provide leadership and technical recommendations for product/packaging requirements and solutions for any issues raised by the customers.
- Manage the project planning and product commercialization process through detailed project management and technical guidance.
- Collaborates regularly with R&D, Packaging, Finance and Project Engineering teams.
- Research new technologies, packaging opportunities and be the lead on exploratory projects to drive more revenue growth for the business.
- Extensive experience in Beverage capabilities, Niagara equipment landscape and packaging products to independently build financial business proposals for sales opportunities.
- Manage qualification trials for new products to ensure capability on manufacturing equipment.
- Provide direction and input for project planning and provide technical and design recommendations in project evaluation.
- Supervise and mentor Product Development Engineer I and II
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 4 Years - Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 4 Years - Experience in Position
- 2 Years - Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and educationEducation
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 6 Years- Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 6 Years - Experience working in Position
- 4 Years - Experience managing people/projects
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Product Design, Business and other related fields or equivalent experience.
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a rsum into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's rsum will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit rsum to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit rsum into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
- Master's Degree in Engineering and Business
Posting ID: 552774476Posted: 2020-05-21