ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Monitors and inspects equipment for system defects.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions on various types of equipment.
- Performs predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance while utilizing computer systems and programs to document maintenance and safety activities.
- Effectively utilize hand tools, power tools, and precision tools to perform all facets of the repair and maintenance process.
- Possesses specific fundamental knowledge of bearings, power transmission equipment, lubrication, hydraulics/pneumatics, fluid pumping systems, heat transfer, welding principles, rigging, overhead cranes and mobile equipment operation in support of all facility issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment, work area and tools clean, orderly and in good working condition.
- Performs maintenance in adverse conditions (heights, confined spaces, poor weather, etc.) utilizing safe work procedures.
- Participates in all site safety programs and supports all company policies and procedures.
- Performs time entry and enters notifications and corrective actions/comments on work orders.
- Effective communicator with ability to work independently with or without direct supervision.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
- 3-5 years journeyman experience required.
- Experience in various welding processes and oxy-fuel cutting for fabrication & repair.
- Experience in bearing installation, care and lubrication.
- Experience in overhead crane maintenance preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to troubleshoot, rebuild and repair: gearboxes, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, overhead cranes, and shear clutch and brake systems.
- Ability to utilize precision measurement instruments.
- Ability to perform alignments on motors, gearboxes, using straight edge and indicators.
- Ability to determine grades and sizes of bolts, pipes, tubing, cables and wires.
- Basic understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to carry a minimum tool belt weighing up to 20 pounds. Other lift/carry includes parts, tools, hoses, etc. Common to lift weights of 20-50 pounds independently. Occasionally carries weights over 100 pounds with assistance. At times cranes are available for lifts. Other times access to equipment doesn't allow use of cranes.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift, which includes overtime, weekends and some holidays.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Posting ID: 552774491Posted: 2020-05-21