Mandatory every other weekend
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Minimum of one year of experience working with dementia residents in long-term care.
- Basic knowledge of current dementia-care practices and communication strategies.
- At least minimal experience in planning and directing activities for elderly residents, and in planning and organizing special programs for residents, families and staff.
- Good verbal communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities, and in enlisting the support of facility team members for activity programming.
- Must have a valid state driver's license
- Assist Program Director in planning and providing activities that support and maintain the residents' quality of life, and that meet state requirements for addressing the residents' social, physical, spiritual and mental health.
- Plans, coordinates and implements active and passive activities in both the North and South Courts to address the needs of residents with varying abilities.
- Provides supportive activities in a comfortable environment to residents who are not able to tolerate stimulation of a group program.
- Assist Program Director in creating displaying and distributing a monthly Activity Calendar that is both informative and attractive.
- Assists the Program Director in maintaining an updated social history file on each resident.
- Meets all new residents and families upon arrival, informing them of the activity program and encouraging participation.
- Coordinates with the Dietary Department regarding food-related needs.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment and submits monthly list of needs to the Program Director.
- Coordinates all activity programming in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Role models Meaningful Moments to all staff.
- Notifies families of personal supply needs of residents.
Posting ID: 552774501Posted: 2020-03-12