PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To implement the Volunteer Program according to regulatory and agency policy. Screens, recruits and trains prospective volunteer for all settings and position descriptions, responsible for the assignment and ongoing supervision of all volunteers.
- Working in cooperation with the Staff and Volunteer Engagement Director, identifies volunteer recruitment needs.
- Identifies volunteer training needs; assists in conducting training sessions based on identified needs.
- Assigns volunteers to meet patient/family needs.
- Attends IDT meetings, team meetings; maintains close communication with volunteers and team leaders.
- Evaluates activities and performance of volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Volunteer management certificate preferred.
- Current driver's license and automobile liability insurance.
- Understanding of the healthcare system.
- Volunteer leadership experience
- Understanding of end-of-life care experiences.
- Experience in supervisory capacity preferred.
- Experience in coordination of volunteer efforts preferred.
- Ability to use effective administrative skills and to supervise and to coordinate services.
- Ability to plan, organize and utilize teaching principles in working with families, patients and other community organizations.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to independently work.
- Ability to develop rapport with patients, families, and community groups.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public (patients, families, community groups, etc.) and other employees
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with large public audiences.
- Ability to use the computer. Ability to use audiovisual equipment and software for presentation and teaching.
EOE / AAP Veterans and Disabled
Posting ID: 552774512Posted: 2020-05-21