The Senior System Center Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining the enterprise System Center platform. Will be responsible for collaborating with management, application technical support analysts and developers, internal and external support teams for solving issues, architecting, configuring, reporting, and delivering system improvements. This role is responsible for supporting most System Center components including System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Service Manager (SCSM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and System Center Orchestrator (SCO). ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrate and maintain Configuration Manager deployments, imaging, patches, and client health.
- Administrate and maintain Service Manager Templates, patches, roles, workflows, common processes and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed.
- Administrate automated runbooks in Orchestrator
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, and computer related discipline or 5+ years IT work experience.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed.
- Minimum of 5-7 years IT experience managing deployment of technology components in a specific technical discipline: clients, servers, storage, web platforms, database platforms, security, networks, or communications ideally with a mix of skills that include technical architectures, engineering and operations experience
- Experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Suite including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- System Center Configuration Manager Experience
o Deployment and Infrastructure
o System imaging and support
o Application deployment and pertinent updates
o Windows Updates
o Client health troubleshooting
- System Center Orchestrator Experience
o Deployment and infrastructure
o Creating, troubleshooting, and integrating run books with other technologies
o Integration of SCO and SCSM
- Experience major Microsoft technologies including workstation and server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL Server.
- Some knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with limited supervision while collaborating with various teams.
- A career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience.
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders and drive alignment on standard technology solutions.
- Team player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across the company.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills.
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Corp Dallas - 2001 Bryan Street Suite 1600 (75201), 2001 Bryan Street, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Posting ID: 552774535Posted: 2020-05-21