***ONLY CURRENT APS EMPLOYEESMAY APPLY******MUST HAVE A CURRENT LICENSE OR ENDORSEMENT FOR THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.***
Provides instructional support to teachers to ensure that student performance data drives instructional decision making; serves as the school's intervention specialist, provides particular support to implement a comprehensive intervention program in reading/language arts and math; develops intervention schedules, monitors student progress in interventions, and helps evaluate intervention program efficacy.
Incumbent must perform the essential elements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Provides direct support to teachers in their implementation of core reading and math programs via the coaches own expert knowledge of the schools' core programs
- Provides support to teachers in understanding curriculum maps, the relationship of the maps to instructional materials and state standards
- Provides support, direction and professional development on the administration, use and appropriate interpretation of student assessment results for instructional and intervention planning
- Supports teachers in the development of Academic Improvement Plans and in the on-going monitoring of these plans through out the year for interventions
- Provides guidance to teachers and instructional council on the selection of intervention programs in order to ensure that the selected programs best match student need; coaches must have expert knowledge of the district intervention programs
- Provides a variety of training venues for teachers on core and supplemental intervention programs
- Coaches teachers and/or grade level teams during collaboration to determine next instructional steps based on progress monitoring and data analysis
- Demonstrates the effective implementation of interventions for students not at standard in reading, language arts and math
- Provides job-embedded professional development for teachers by co-planning lessons, demonstrating and modeling for teachers
- Provides feedback to teachers around their instructional practices, fidelity of implementation of core reading and math instructional programs
- Participates and may chair the school's Student Assistance Team (SAT)
- Coaches teachers on the use of the district instructional management system to access student performance information, curricular maps, exemplar lesson plans and professional development offerings.
- Participates in district, state, regional and national training programs to develop and maintain expert knowledge in instructional best practices, mentoring and coaching methods.
- Works collaboratively with school leadership to design, implement and assess the schools' AIP and Response to Intervention processes
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and productively both verbally and in writing with all school and district staff.
- Understanding of Response to Intervention, Academic Improvement Planning and Student Assistance Team process
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred for coaches in schools with Spanish/English bilingual education
- Ability to demonstrated effective lesson planning, delivery for English learners and students with other special needs per Frameworks for Teaching, Effective Sheltered Instruction or Differentiated instruction
- Ability to facilitate study groups and other forums with principals, teachers and parents
- Knowledge of APS Instructional resources, text book adoption cycles/ process and curriculum
- Knowledge of technology as an integrated instructional component/tool
- Knowledge and implementation f staff development standards
- Knowledge and implementation f continuous improvement methodology
- Three years experience teaching bilingual / multicultural and/or other special needs students
- One endorsement and /or special education license
- Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem skills
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations
- Ability to meet deadline work on multiple projects and coordinate with work of others
- Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree, Current IC or in IC Pool or Reading Specialist
- Valid New Mexico education License
- 7 years teaching experience with experience in support of peers (such as a resource teacher, peer coach, teacher leader/staff developer)
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge in core academic subject matter, preferable literacy or math
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge in interventional programs for literacy and math and differentiated instruction in the classroom
- Knowledge of state and district language arts and math standards and benchmarks and assessments
Please submit online application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.Contact: Summer site principal
. For list and phone number of principals see http://www.aps.edu/summer-programs/elementary-school-summer-programs
Prep/Plan Date: June 4 or June 11, 2020
Program Dates: June 5- July 10, 2020 Alternative Schedule schools
June 12- July 17, 2020 Traditional Schedule schools.
All schools will be closed for 4th of July Holiday on Friday, July 3rd.
www.aps.edu/jobs, APS Jobs Apply Online Summer Extended Learning Programs/Summer School ***Please submit Summer Extended Learning (Summer School) Application***
**This position is not listed on the Administrative/Certified/Classified Applications**
ADDITIONAL INFO: ADA Compliance
Negotiated rate of pay