To maintain, repair, patch and replace roofs and roofing materials on buildings throughout the District.
- Reads and interprets sketches and blueprints to be used in the planning and layout of roofing projects.
- Utilizes various hand and power tools including tar and asphalt kettles and spray equipment.
- Performs a variety of roofing work including removal of old gravel and damp insulation, nailing of felt, pouring and mopping of hot asphalt, embedding new gravel, installing gravel guards, prime painting skirt metal, troweling plastic cement, installing expansion joints and roof jacks, applying aluminum coatings, spraying urethane foam.
- Maintains good liaison with school principals and others to ensure good working relations.
- Drives a variety of vehicles while transporting equipment and supplies to work sites.
- Responds to emergency calls, troubleshooting, repairs and restorations.
- Works overtime to complete necessary repairs as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Determines supplies needed from work orders and job site assessment and obtains materials from warehouse.
- Obtains and reviews written and verbal work orders and requests from assigned supervisor.
- Ensures appropriate site-based personnel review and sign work orders upon arrival and departure.
- Cleans work site properly after the completion of duties.
- Performs all work following all applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Estimates costs and material needs for new construction and repair jobs.
- Performs necessary preparations and installations to create interfaces with new and existing work.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable workmanship, consistent with specifications and local codes.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance, modification and repair of roofing materials.
- Proficiency in the use of equipment and other hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other drawings.
- Knowledge of all applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- Valid New Mexico Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with insurable driving record preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical examination.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment skills test.
- Four years of experience as a roofer.
Contact: Ralph Vialpando at 975-6613 Work year: 260 days/8 hrs.
Contact: Ralph Vialpando at / Vialpando@aps.edu
GRADE / LEVEL:
Posting ID: 552774870Posted: 2020-05-21