***ONLY CURRENT APS EMPLOYEES MAY APPLY******MUST HAVE A CURRENT LICENSE OR ENDORSEMENT FOR THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.***
Provide developmentally appropriate computer instruction using a variety of methods for all students in grades K-5 based on APS standards for elementary computers and district and state standards across the curriculum. Positions are itinerant, i.e. teachers will teach in at least one and possibly two schools during the course of the summer; teachers are hired by the site principal.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Evaluates the learning progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Selects and requests appropriate books and instructional materials and maintains required inventory records.
- Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers. Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial procedures, and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of district policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Bachelors' degree.
- Current New Mexico teaching license 200 or 250.
Please submit online application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Contact: Summer site principal
. For list and phone number of principals see https://www.aps.edu/summer-programs/k5-plus START DATE:
Prep/Plan Date: June 4 or June 11, 2020
Program Dates: June 5- July 10, 2020 Alternative Schedule schools
June 12- July 17, 2020 Traditional Schedule schools.
All schools will be closed for 4th of July Holiday Friday, July 3rd.
www.aps.edu/jobs, APS Jobs Apply Online Summer Extended Learning Programs/Summer School ***Please submit Summer Extended Learning (Summer School) Application***
**This position is not listed on the Administrative/Certified/Classified Applications**
Negotiated Rate of Pay
Posting ID: 552774885Posted: 2020-05-21