To construct, install, maintain and repair structural components of buildings.
- Reads and interprets sketches and blueprints to be used in the planning and layout of construction and remodeling projects.
- Responds to emergency, troubleshooting and repair calls.
- Operates a variety of vehicles to transport materials to various job sites and loads supplies as needed.
- Determines supplies needed from work orders and job site assessment and obtains materials from warehouse.
- Obtains and reviews written and verbal work orders and requests from immediate supervisor.
- Ensures appropriate site-based personnel review and sign work orders upon arrival and departure.
- Cleans work site properly after the completion of duties.
- Performs all work following all applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Estimates costs and material needs for new construction and repair jobs.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable workmanship.
In addition to the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must perform the following duties:
- Complies with state-approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations.
- Articulates and facilitates the implementation of the mission and values of the Albuquerque Public Schools.
- Safeguards confidentiality of privileged information.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records and reports as required by law, state directives, District policy and administrative regulations.
- Shares the responsibility for the supervision and care of District inventory, proper and safe use of facilities, equipment and supplies, and reports safety hazards promptly.
- Maintains professional relationships and works cooperatively with employees, the community and other professionals.
- Maintains professional competence through individual and staff training, in-service educational activities and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Attends and/or conducts staff meetings and participates on committees within area of responsibility.
- Performs other tasks related to area of responsibilities as requested or assigned by an immediate supervisor.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance, modification and repair of various carpentry projects.
- Proficiency in the use of testing equipment and other hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of all applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- D5 Level requires: completion of an apprenticeship program or one year of job-related technical vocational training.
- D4 Level: does not require completion of apprenticeship program or one year of job related technical vocational training
- Five years of experience as a carpenter.
- Valid New Mexico driver's license with insurable driving record.
- Successful completion of skills test
Contact: Noel Garza at / Garza_n@aps.edu
WWW.APS.EDU, CLASSIFIED APPLICATION
GRADE / LEVEL:
D4: $13.747 or D5: 14.645
Posting ID: 552774905Posted: 2020-05-21