To maintain a clean and safe environment at the assigned location for students, APS staff and the community.
Position requires working with Custodial Coordination Department and traveling to various schools to perform custodial duties in vacant positions and temporary openings.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cleans all areas as directed by an immediate supervisor according to established procedures.
- Ensures custodial work is performed efficiently and safely and that resulting work improves the safety and cleanliness of all areas.
- Complies with local laws and APS procedures for the storage and disposal of supplies, chemicals, trash and waste; safely handles chemicals according to chemical directions and APS policy.
- Sweeps and mops floors, walkways, steps and porches and de-ices and shovels snow on walkways as needed.
- Vacuums carpeted areas and spot cleans as needed or as requested.
- Dusts and cleans shelves, lockers, blinds, furniture, light fixtures and exhaust registers as needed and requested.
- Cleans chalkboards, washes walls and windows as needed and requested.
- Strips and waxes floors and seals wood floors as requested.
- Notifies immediate supervisor regarding emergencies, graffiti and other vandalism on property.
- Safeguards assigned keys and ensures the security of grounds; provides notification to APS police of departure time of working night shift and other security concerns.
- Properly maintains, transports, and stores custodial equipment, supplies and chemicals according to APS policy; notifies supervisors of need for supply and equipment replacement.
- Sets up and takes down tables, chairs and bleachers and related duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Reports any accidents, hazardous situations or malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel as soon as possible.
- Waters plants, mows lawns, trims shrubs, cuts weeds, rakes and performs other outdoor duties as assigned; operates and handles all equipment, tools and supplies in a safe manner.
- Provides service for emergency work or overtime as needed.
- Picks up and discards trash in specified areas as instructed.
- May wash pots and pans and other kitchen utensils and equipment.
- May remove and reinstall cafeteria filters.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs and tubes, mirrors, dispensers, unplugging plumbing fixtures, tightening hinges, adjusting door closures, and other similar duties as requested, etc.
- Opens and closes gates and buildings, examines and inspects doors, windows, buildings and property; reports emergencies and vandalism to appropriate personnel as soon as possible.
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment as requested by supervisor or site administrator.
- May temporarily be assigned and compensated appropriately to a Truck Driver during the Summer Lunch Program or as needed.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Completed references, including 1 supervisor and 2 co-workers (Friends and Family are not accepted).
- Includes completion of a safety physical evaluation.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to various school sites.
- Regularly lift and move more than 75 pounds in equipment and supplies which requires bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting.
Contact: Casie at / Casie.Petit@aps.edu
GRADE / LEVEL:
Posting ID: 552774964Posted: 2020-05-21