***ONLY CURRENT APS EMPLOYEES MAY APPLY******MUST HAVE A CURRENT LICENSE OR ENDORSEMENT FOR THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.***
Assists certified staff in providing delivery of the instructional program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
: Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
- Serves as a model in developing students' language and behavior.
- Collects, prepares and arranges resource material for use by certified personnel.
- Operates support equipment and monitors testing or make-up work by students.
- Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by the classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, processes books, manages supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
- Monitors student activities in classrooms, school grounds, hallways, lunchrooms, field trips, bus loading areas, etc.
- Provides support for non-instructional classroom duties such as monitoring snacks, restrooms, clothing areas, etc.
- Participates in parent-teacher conferences and home visits as requested by the classroom teacher.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation:
The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds in supplies which requires bending, stooping and lifting. Additionally, Educational Assistants working in certain special education classrooms are required to regularly assist in the lifting or moving of students of varying weights and sizes for programmatic, hygiene or feeding purposes.
- The employee must use hands and arms to manipulate objects.
- The employee must use keyboards, tools and other controls.
- The employee must sit and stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must have normal vision and hearing with or without aid.
- The employee must be able to move about assigned locations unaided during the workday.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of the APS community, computer system, financial and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience with educational equipment preferred.
All candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, must be at least 18 years of age, and must meet the NCLB highly qualified requirements.
NCLB requirements are:
- 48 college credit hours OR Pass the Paraprofessional Test
Contact: Summer School Site Principal
: Please submit online application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. For a list and phone numbers of principals see https://www.aps.edu/summer-programs/k5-plus START DATE:
Program Dates: June 5 - July 10 Alternative Schedule schools
June 12 - July 17 Traditional Schedule schools
All schools will be closed for 4th of July Holiday on Friday, July 3rd
www.aps.edu/jobs, APS Jobs Apply Online Summer Extended Learning Programs/Summer School ***Please submit Summer Extended Learning (Summer School) Application***
**This position is not listed on the Administrative/Certified/Classified Applications**
TO BE DETERMINED