***ONLY CURRENT APS EMPLOYEES MAY APPLY******MUST HAVE A CURRENT LICENSE OR ENDORSEMENT FOR THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.***
Elementary and Middle and High School teachers may teach across levels according to their interests and wish to work in the elementary school programs are welcome to apply as long as they are licensed K-8/12. TESOL endorsed teachers are highly encouraged to apply as many of our students in Summer Learning receive Alternative Language Services. Teachers who apply for these summer job opportunities must be willing to collaborate with summer peers, design hands-on, project-based lessons for students, as well as provide differentiated reading and math activities that support the needs of individual students.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units, and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus-wide.
- Evaluates the learning progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the district testing program.
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Selects and requests appropriate books and instructional materials, and maintain required inventory records.
- Provides directions and materials for substitute teachers. Plans for and supervises classroom aides, guests, and volunteers.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning, and behavioral problems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of the APS community, computer system, financial procedures, and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of district policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies, and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations, and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Current New Mexico teaching license 200, 250 or 400.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Contact: Summer School Site Principal
: Please submit online application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. For a list and phone numbers of principals see https://www.aps.edu/summer-programs/k5-plus
Prep/Plan Date: June 4 or June 11, 2020
Program Dates: June 5- July 10, 2020 Alternative Schedule schools
June 12- July 17, 2020 Traditional Schedule schools.
All schools will be closed for 4th of July Holiday on Friday, July 3rd .
www.aps.edu/jobs, APS Jobs Apply Online Summer Extended Learning Programs/Summer School ***Please submit Summer Extended Learning (Summer School) Application***
**This position is not listed on the Administrative/Certified/Classified Applications**
Negotiated Rate of Pay
Posting ID: 552775074Posted: 2020-05-21