Without exception: *Updated, March 20, 2020*
: All interview and hiring processes will be postponed until later specified. At this time, we are still accepting applications.'
Provide high-level administrative support to the CIT Department Head, Associate Heads, and Assistant Heads. Major responsibilities include maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings and events, arranging travel, processing incoming queries, and interaction with faculty, students, and alumni. The person in this role is expected to develop office operating procedures, keep all sensitive information confidential, and closely coordinate with other office administrators, academic advisors, and CIT faculty. Required:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 4 years minimum experience in an office setting providing administrative support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer and interpersonal relational skills with the ability to successfully interact with faculty, students, alumni, and other university personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative to problem solve and meet deadlines with attention to accuracy and details
- This was formerly classified as an operational/technical position; an internal lateral transfer will retain same benefit standing
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer; all individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Posting ID: 552775107Posted: 2020-05-21