*Updated, May 6, 2020
*: At this time, this position is actively recruiting and accepting application.
The Regulatory Post-Approval Monitoring Administrator will monitor human and vertebrate animal research protocols on behalf of the Purdue University Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). This monitoring is of utmost importance to maintain high standards of protocol adherence in line with appropriate regulations and guidelines. The incumbent will work with regulatory committee members, committee administrators, and Purdue University researchers to identify best practices, address concerns with protocol adherence, and identify corrective or preventative actions as needed to mitigate research risks. This role will require independent decision making and the ability to identify and develop new practices and procedures to maintain high-quality human subject and vertebrate animal research.Required:
- Master's degree
- Four (4) years of experience in basic science research, clinical research, auditing, regulatory compliance, or research administration
- In lieu of a degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience
- Ability to analyze, interpret and implement Federal regulations and University policies and procedures related to academic research studies with human subjects, vertebrate animals
- Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi-task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions.
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
- Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- High proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring) and internet research skills.
- Broad knowledge of research methods and terminology.
- Experience with clinical research monitoring or internal auditing procedures
- Research experience in a laboratory setting including human and/or animal subjects
- Life science experience
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions immediately
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Posting ID: 552775137Posted: 2020-05-21