Performs applications systems analysis and programming activities, feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs. Essential Functions
- Focuses on packaged systems for solutions to business unit resolutions.
- Develops work plans accurately estimating tasks, setting budgets, completing through ETC's.
- Leads multiple projects in all aspects of information systems lifecycle (info planning, business requirements definition, implementation, productions support).
- Leads teams of 3 to 12 team members. Provides personnel management, evaluation and counseling of team members.
- Ensures all user requests are received in writing, properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Manages review meetings with user committee(s) to assist in establishing project priorities.
- Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Manages training when applicable.
- Conducts status meetings and reports on projects in a timely fashion.
- Serves as a vendor liaison and manages contracts.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Environment is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed. Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in computer science, business administration or related field preferred. 2 years experience in healthcare industry preferred. Formal training in a variety of information systems technology is preferred including desktop applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.), databases (MS-Access, Oracle, Sybase, etc.), software development packages (Visual Basic), programming languages (C++), SQR and Crystal, Unix AIX. Candidates with primarily an educational background should have information systems employment experience of 4 years with the information systems technology mentioned above is desirable. Must be a service-oriented, team player. Communicates proactively, cooperatively and constructively.