As an Assistant Director of Admissions you will; assist the Office of Admissions in meeting its enrollment goals by actively participating in recruitment and programming initiatives targeting prospective students within the Chicago region and surrounding areas, work alongside the other Assistant Director of Admissions-Chicago Suburbs rep to coordinate efforts and coverage of the region, be involved with the Chicago area regional organization, and support campus staff in both occasional on campus programs as well as events being organized by campus and held in the Chicago area. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding communicator with the ability to engage and build relationships with prospective students and families, high school counselors and campus partners. Additionally, this position requires the ability to think critically and independently using problem-solving and judgment skills to make educated, professional decisions. This is a ten month full-time position with benefits and directly reports to the Associate Director of Admissions-Regional Indianapolis. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and will require working remotely from a home office.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Formulating and implementing recruitment strategies, plans and goals for the region based on demographic analyses, market research, and other admissions data.
- Building recruitment relationships with guidance counselors, schools, and communities.
- Visiting high schools, represent Purdue at college fairs, and at Admissions Receptions in the regional area. Provide information and answer inquiries (letters, email, and phone) to prospective and admitted students, parents, guidance counselors, local alumni, and community representatives.
- In person and virtual meetings with prospective students and their families who are not able to visit campus.
- Working with supervisor to evaluate effectiveness of recruitment plan.
- Traveling to campus 2 - 3 times per year for training and/or events.
- Perform other duties which contribute to the Office of Admissions on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of general customer service experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to relate well to diverse constituencies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as a proficiency in computer technology
- Ability to travel, including evenings and weekends
- A valid US or Canadian driver's license
- University admissions, student services, or event planning/management experience
- Strong understanding of college recruitment
- Bilingual/multilingual skills.
- This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and will cover the Chicago city region.
- This represents a 10 month, full-time position.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization this position.
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- This position involves travel as well as evening and weekend work.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- Motor Vehicle Records check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 552775167Posted: 2020-05-21