Job Summary *Updated, March 20, 2020*
: All interview and hiring processes will be postponed until later specified. At this time, we are still accepting applications.
As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will; Greet patients upon arrival at provider's office and prepares them for consultation by monitoring and charting vital signs. Assist provider with implementation of patient care, following nursing and Health Center policies and procedures. Prepare used instruments for central decontamination; cleans and disinfects patient care areas. Handle specimens. Complete requisitions, forms, and reports. Participate in nursing staff meetings and quality improvement initiatives. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times. Required:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One year of experience with general medical office practices and procedures
- Medical assistant certification/registration.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of scientific principles of aseptic technique and general clinical practice.
- Basic knowledge of medical language.
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification required
- Must have computer and data entry skills.
- Vocational/Technical degree from an approved Medical Assistant program.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A Background Check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF/Non-exempt Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 552775171Posted: 2020-05-21