Job Details Provides police protection and enforcement of state and local laws, hospital policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Responsibilities:
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Patrols on foot primarily assigned to interior posts and exterior points of egress within Cleveland Clinic properties.
- Rounds through assigned hospital areas to provide security presence and complete tour wand assignments.
- Investigates and manages all security incidents and hazards on premises.
- Exercises statutory and policing authority in making arrests and apprehensions, up to and including use of deadly force.
- Maintains firearm qualification standards as set forth by the department.
- Trains and mentors security officers.
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations of police and security-related incidents.
- Interviews witnesses, gathers facts and documents all investigative activities and incidents.
- Testifies in court and hearings when involved in arrest situations and/or when involved in an assist role.
- Responds primarily to all emergency situations within interior locations of the hospital.
- Administers initial first aid as appropriate, request triple team as required, and/or EMS based on location and severity of the situation.
- Provides crosswalk and traffic control on foot for areas immediately adjacent to Cleveland Clinic buildings.
- Provides backup support or relief in Police Communications Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA).
Complexity of Work:
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license (VDL) and maintain eligibility of insurability to operate the organization's vehicles for emergency purposes.
Work Experience:Physical Requirements:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Spontaneous running of 300 meters, approximately two minutes of continuous physical conflict on an occasional basis.
- Dragging loads of approximately 200 lbs.
- Driving a vehicle for up to 60 continuous minutes.
- Must be able to perform duties while wearing a gun belt and protective vest.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
4.6 miles • Full-time, Part-time
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Posting ID: 552775236Posted: 2021-05-20Job Title: Police Officer