You can find the cures you know are out there. At UCLA Health, you make it happen as part of a groundbreaking Research team, working to understand hundreds of medical disorders and improving processes for dozens of procedures across the globe.
Job Duties Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of the Human Gene and Cell Therapy Facility (HGCTF), you will be responsible for two major functions within the HGCTF: the day-to-day Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) quality assurance compliance activities and managing HGCTF Document control.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Qualifications Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry strongly preferred
- A minimum of one year of GMP QA experience, a higher degree (Ph.D. or Pharm D.) with knowledge about GMP QA.
- Previous experience directly involved with federal regulations regarding GMP.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with physicians, staff, administration & sponsors.
- Demonstrated skill in gathering pertinent data, preparing narrative reports, statistical reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out analytical tasks, to identify and define issues and alternatives, to resolve problems, and to draw logical conclusions.
- Demonstrated skill in reviewing data and material compiled by others for completeness and accuracy to ensure that incorrect/incomplete data is corrected.
- Ability to work on a diverse variety of projects simultaneously, organize multiple projects for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- On occasion, ability to work flexible hours. Ability to attend off-site staff meetings, conferences and investigator meetings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional database and computing skills.
- Excellent English-writing skills to compose, proofread correspondence and written reports for conciseness, clarity, appropriate grammar, correct spelling, and proper punctuation.
- Working knowledge of some medical and scientific terminology for protocol abstracting and conversation with research personnel.
- Demonstrated skills with personal computers, spreadsheets, databases and word processing applications for the maintenance of administrative records, analysis of data, and the preparation of reports.
- Ability to learn other systems/software as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA Good Tissue Practice and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor quality improvement plans and SOPs.
Posting ID: 552775323Posted: 2020-05-21