You can find the cures you know are out there. At UCLA Health, you make it happen as part of a groundbreaking Research team, working to understand hundreds of medical disorders and improving processes for dozens of procedures across the globe.
Job Duties Responsibilities
Under the direction of the CT Administrator, Faculty, Director, and CAO, you will serve as a study coordinator and data manager for pharmaceutical/industry-sponsored, investigator-initiated, and NIH-sponsored clinical trials for the UCLA Institute of Urologic Oncology. This position requires a basic understanding of clinical trials coordination and good clinical practices (GCP). Key responsibilities include: planning and coordination of efficient workflow and turnaround of pre-study tasks with other pre-award staff; clinical trials implementation/coordination and data management, including patient recruitment and enrollment, data collection, source document management, drug accountability, quality assurance, and reporting; and development of case report forms. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the protocol, good clinical practices, institutional requirements, and other applicable regulations and guidelines.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Qualifications Qualifications
- Demonstrated clinical research experience, with basic knowledge of oncology, including working knowledge of good clinical practices for clinical research.
- Ability to work in more than one environment, travel to participating hospitals, and attend off site staff meetings, conferences, and investigator meetings.
- Ability to work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle multiple clinical research projects for efficiency and cost-effectiveness, including handling work delegated by more than one individual.
- Experience in performing evaluations and interventions under the direction of the Principal Investigator with acutely ill oncology patients using strong clinical judgment and up to date oncology knowledge.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate research procedures and deadlines.
- Excellent English verbal and writing communication skills to convey and obtain information to and from investigators, patients, families, sponsors and co-workers.
- Effective interpersonal skills to interact professionally and diplomatically with patients, families, sponsors, co-workers, investigators, and others.
- Under minimal supervision, ability to prioritize workflow to meet deadlines, often under pressure of conflicting demands, while maintaining accuracy and effectiveness of work.
- Problem solving skill to work effectively, meet research goals, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated computer skills using Word, Excel, e-mail, CRMS and databases to create reports, correspondence, and other documents as required.
- Skill in preparation of accurate and timely annual reports and statistical information on all protocols as needed.
- Valid California State Driver's License and car to travel between research sites and to UCLA.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in area of clinical research.
- Experience with maintaining clinical trial case report forms and proper reports based on study guidelines.
Posting ID: 552775343Posted: 2020-05-21