You can find the cures you know are out there. At UCLA Health, you make it happen as part of a groundbreaking Research team, working to understand hundreds of medical disorders and improving processes for dozens of procedures across the globe.
Job Duties Responsibilities
Reporting to the simulation center Directors and Operations Manager, you will provide technical and coordination support for simulation-based training. Responsibilities include:
- Setup and operation of high tech computers, simulators and clinical equipment
- Coordination of audio-visual service and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and operation of simulators and supplies, including screen-based simulation programs, procedural task training models, virtual reality simulators and full body computerized manikins
- Coordination and accountability for educational activities and assigned projects
- Organization and maintenance of simulation facilities, including documentation of best practices
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
You will interact with faculty, staff, students and the public on a regular basis as a professional representative of the UCLA Simulation Center.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Qualifications Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (preferably in health-related field, science, engineering, or education) strongly preferred
- Experience and strong technical skills in operating and troubleshooting simulation, clinical and audiovisual equipment.
- Experience in coordinating educational activities and programs.
- Physical ability to lift, move, and set up equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Organizational and time management skills to maintain materials in order, track multiple courses/projects, and follow through assignments to completion in timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact with diverse faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the public to establish and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and problem solve quickly.
- Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons.
- Able to work evening/weekends. Willingness to perform occasional overtime to meet needs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical experience preferred.
Posting ID: 552775458Posted: 2020-05-21