Forklift Operator - Coal Center, PA
400 Technology Drive
Coal Center, Pennsylvania, 15423
United States The opportunity:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the operation of a fast-paced packaging manufacturing facility
- Focusing on our customers' success will allow you opportunities to develop and grow your career in manufacturing
How you will impact WestRock:
- To move units within the warehouse and or load units onto machines or onto trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible to ensure that all units are banded properly; have a clearly visible load tag on them when being loaded; and that there are no broken or missing straps on the units.
- This position performs our last visual quality inspection. Position is also responsible to ensure that unit and truck counts are correct and that all paperwork is accurate.
- Individual will be trained on computerized scanner for inventory control. Position will also unload incoming material as needed and will be responsible to perform a visual quality inspection on items and ensure that unit and truck counts are accurate.
What you need to succeed:
- Ensure our customers get the quality, consistency, and responsiveness they deserve
- Embrace the WestRock culture, based on values of integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- High School diploma or GED required
- Forklift certification with 3-5 years forklift experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work shifts; available to work overtime
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Math skills will be assessed
- Read and understand an order spec sheet
- Read and understand load tags
- Understand unitizing and palletizing information
- Able to successfully complete Lift Truck Training and pass the written and driving skills test to be certified Lift Truck Operator
What we offer:
- Adapt and have ability to fit into plant safety culture
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- An attractive benefits package
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775585Posted: 2020-05-21