Wrapper Operator - Phoenix, AZ
4002 W Turney Ave, Ste 2
Phoenix, Arizona, 85019
United States Career Opportunity:
Our WestRock- Star Pizza Box plant in Phoenix, AZ, is seeking qualified candidates to fill Wrapper Positions in the production dept. Monday - Thursday, 5:30am -3:30pm, Overtime as needed due to customer demands. $15.38 per hour.The Opportunity:
How you will Impact WestRock:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned, either verbally and/or written.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Plate and ink set ups, and machine operation to produce multiple print runs per shift.
- Visually inspect printing plates, inks, and raw material to remove defective before processing
- Visually inspect and/or measure for accurate product selection based on current run requirements.
- Visually inspect finished product; to improve and maintain quality.
- Meet minimum piece rates of 8000-12,000 per day or averaging 18-26 (50ct) cases per hour.
- Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria
- Execute end of day and weekly machine cleaning while keeping entire work area neat and organized.
- Report further machine problems to service maintenance mechanics, and production lead as needed.
What you need to succeed
- Use Safe Work Practice. Use of required PPE. Use machine guarding, Lockout/tagout program.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with other team members in a noisy work environment.
- Think and act quickly in fast-paced production environment.
- Use Basic mechanical ability to operate tools, set up, and adjust machine.
- Use Basic math skills to count production quantities, measure raw materials, and finished product.
What we offer
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
- Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be flexible on shift as overtime is required
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775644Posted: 2020-05-21