Maintenance Scheduler Planner - Plymouth, IN
1100 Pidco Drive
Plymouth, Indiana, 46563
United States The Opportunity:
Our WestRock- Food Service Packaging, Plymouth, IN plant is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler position in the maintenance department. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for managing the efficient and effective use of personnel, materials, and machine downtime to maintain production equipment availability and performance at satisfactory levels. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler executes the critical planning, scheduling, coordinating, and reporting of preventative maintenance and repair work orders to ensure operational effectiveness. How you will impact WestRock:
- Follow all machine specific safety and lockout/tagout procedures on an as needed basis. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Maintain full compliance of all GMPs, 5S, and housekeeping standards.
- Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
- Incorporate safety requirements and JHA's (Job Hazard Analysis) for all work orders and jobs to support and drive safe work behaviors
- Participate and ensure department is compliant with YUM/SQF audit regulations.
- Maintain backlog of work orders and move work orders to the ready-to-schedule
phase, and review technician feedback upon work completion
- Manage work order priority, develop job plans, define parts and materials and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan
- Coordinate outage planning activities such as scope identification and control, scheduling, risk assessments, execution and continuous improvement initiatives
- Partner with Production Manager to ensure that plans and schedules are aligned based on the availability of equipment to support the plant operations
- Oversee the end-to-end planning and execution of work orders and resolve any work order issues
- Maintain real-time equipment bill of materials in J.D. Edwards CMMS software, including updating parts that have changed and new equipment
- Schedule preventive maintenance on all equipment in the plant and surrounding areas and maintain accurate records of work completed in J.D. Edwards CMMS software
- Compile work order packets incorporating work documentation from technicians to analyze the number of man-hours and resources needed to close out the work order
- Utilize J.D. Edwards CMMS to lead technicians in reliability efforts of precision, predictive, and preventive maintenance for annual budget planning
- Maintain full compliance of all GMPs and housekeeping excellence to 5S standards in maintenance areas of responsibility.
- Maintain Storeroom organization and inventory for maintenance parts.
- Order M&R parts in JDE.
- Monitor Maintenance budget by maintaining maintenance spenditures.
- Coordinate with vendors to gather necessary engineering and technical documents, specifications and upgrades for equipment and parts
- Review planned work orders, prioritize work order viability, and schedule the maintenance orders to reduce any machinery downtime
- Perform all assigned tasks as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Inspect and identify quality concerns when laminating the top liner to the fluted substrate on the Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16" measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills).
What you need to succeed:
- General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
- Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability read and fill out manual and computerized reports.
What we offer:
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Prior work experience in an industrial manufacturing plant.
- Computer skills with JD Edwards knowledge preferred
- Monday - Friday schedule to determined
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently. Must be flexible on shift as overtime is required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775653Posted: 2020-05-21