Maintenance Mechanic - Fort Worth, TX
6701 South Freeway
Fort Worth, Texas, 76134
United States Career Opportunity
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components, welding and machining a plus. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing in our corrugate manufacturing plant.How you will impact WestRock:
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
What you need to succeed:
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees. Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Proven experience in the mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Computer experience/operation and PLC required.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Must be highly safety conscious.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
What we offer:
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Posting ID: 552775654Posted: 2020-05-21