CubeSmart is seeking a Senior Content Writer to join our Marketing department at our corporate headquarters in Malvern, PA. The Senior Content Writer will support CubeSmart's strategic efforts to maximize positive brand sentiment and exposure, with a focus on communication strategy, creative content development for digital and print, and SEO efforts. This role will collaborate across the business to drive compliance with brand standards and tone of voice guidelines for CubeSmart. Who we are:
At CubeSmart, we're intentional about culture. You can experience it everywhere from our mission statement of "genuine care" to our "It's What's Inside That Counts" tagline to calling each other "teammates" rather than employees. This spirit fosters a fun and collaborative environment that has resulted in our rapid growth and being recognized amongst the top in our industry.
CubeSmart's award-winning team is made up of people who genuinely care. Teammates care about our customers and the life events and/or business needs they are facing. Teammates are passionate, responsible and understanding. The CubeSmart team is made up of people who have a can-do attitude, are committed to their own success and the success of the company, and lead by example.
If this sounds like a team and culture that matches your personal values and motivations, we want to hear from you. ResponsibilitiesCommunications Strategy & Innovation
Brand Content Operations
- Own translation of brand strategy, audience insights, campaign objectives, and business landscape/context into messaging strategy for key Brand & Content Marketing projects; work cross-functionally to ensure campaigns deliver against strategic messaging plan
- Ensures strategic alignment of Brand & Content Marketing campaign/project deliverables for internal clients (including: Operations, Human Resources, Third Party Management, and Training)
- Define, maintain, and innovate strategic messaging plan and ‘library' for key audiences (personas x geographies); ensure strategic alignment of brand assets prior to delivery
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to continuously optimize marketing channels ensuring best-performing content drives increased visibility amongst relevant audiences
- Ensure creation of - and copywriting for - powerful lead messages for brand assets
- Under the direction of the Director Brand and Content Marketing, and in collaboration with cross-functional teams, develops and implements content for both digital and print marketing and communications platforms.
- Lead and report on efforts to increase brand visibility amongst relevant audiences (personas; geographies) and improve organic rankings via editorial, on-site, and syndicated content
- Understand content performance results, identify best-performing content, and apply to future content strategies
- Lead cross-functional editorial and content refresh planning and calendar plus publication workflow and written style guide
- Develops and maintains an editorial calendar, drafts posts, schedules posts for publication, and tracks performance metrics
- Leverage holistic understanding of CubeSmart to define strategic editorial plan
- Set and manage a quarterly content calendar that outlines specific materials to publish across all channels i.e. publish fresh, target-relevant, brand-amplifying editorial content on e.g. The Storage Space blog, managing external resources as appropriate; partner with fellow Brand & Content Marketing team members to identify optimal content form(s) based on target audience and distribution goals
- Refresh evergreen and funnel content pages to improve SEO rankings across strategically selected keywords
- In partnership with fellow Brand & Content Marketing teammates, repurpose and/or enhance ‘winning' content across a variety of forms and distribution points, as appropriate
- Collaborate with marketing partners and design peers to concept and write for multichannel campaigns including digital mediums such as paid social and display, landing pages, and email, video, branded experiences, branded content, direct mail, and in-store collateral
- Develop and maintain written style guide in support of CubeSmart's brand, value proposition and persona messaging; ensure copy, tone, and style are consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Supports dissemination of content for the blog (i.e. drafting, formatting, and editing content) to promote CubeSmart's products and mission through compelling, customized content
- Uses knowledge of SEO and content development to create digital content that helps CubeSmart get found via search engines and showcases our company as a leader within the industry
- Researches and collaborates with field teammates to develop localized content. Finds compelling ways to share CubeSmart's story in each local market to engage customers in the community and expand the CubeSmart market
- Provides copywriting support for various other marketing campaigns and ads for internal customers such as Human Resources, Third Party Management, etc.
- Manages special projects and performs ad hoc tasks as defined by Director of Brand and Content Marketing.
- Generally, has seven to ten years of relevant full-time work experience upon starting this role
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications or relevant work experience
- Excellent written communication skills; experience crafting the narrative arc of a well-told story
- Copyediting and proofreading experience; understanding of written style guides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to quickly and concisely articulate product benefits to various customer segments
- Attention to detail with respect to writing accuracy, grammatical correctness, etc.
- Experience in the creative development of content for website, advertising, social media and/or business development is a plus
- Demonstrated writing skills in the forms of social media, blogs, website copy, email, search engine optimization, and call-to-action. Working knowledge of WordPress is a plus
- Editorial requirements include SEO understanding as it relates to content marketing, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement
- Experience managing marketing agencies and freelancers
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Independent thinker with the ability to learn new topics quickly through self-initiated research; ability to "think outside of the box" and challenge the status quo
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and group settings
#LI-KM1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.