Paper Mill Superintendent - Panama City, FL
4506-Panama City Mill
One Everitt Ave
Panama City, Florida, 32401
United States The opportunity:
Responsible for managing the Paper Mill Department that includes Linerboard and Pulp Machines. Responsible for all activities in the department including safety, environmental, quality & customer satisfaction, cost, production, maintenance planning, financial budgets & results, capital project support, people development, and employee & labor relations.How you will impact WestRock:
- Safety - Lead safety systems and processes that support achieving our continually improving performance. Ensure a safe and engaged workforce by providing model of safety leadership and accountability.
- Environmental - Lead department environmental management systems to ensure compliance and environmental stewardship while working closely with the Mill Environmental Department
- Quality/Customer Satisfaction - focus on the "no fail basics" of quality and service coupled with innovation to provide winning solutions to our customers
- Cost - Develop and maintain methods for tracking and reducing chemical and operational costs.
- Production - Optimize paper machine schedules to maximize the mill's production while continually increasing Paper Machine uptime % and productivity while reducing off quality.
- Financial Budget/Results - Work closely with Mill Controller and Leadership team to develop budgets and analyze financial results to look for opportunities for improving mill profitability
- Capital Execution - Provide input to capital projects from inception through completion.
- Strategic Planning - Initiate and facilitate improvement projects within the department focusing on strategic initiatives to reduce cost, increase productivity and/or improve quality
- People Development - Invest in our People to help them develop and operate at their full potential
- Employee/Labor Relations - Build positive relations based on the WestRock culture of trust, respect and empowering employees to always do the right thing.
What you need to succeed:
- Create an environment of mutual respect and trust for our co-workers and customers
- Empower and engage co-workers to improve our safety and productivity and lower our cost to produce
- Satisfy our customers every time
- Do the right thing for WestRock - always
- High sense of urgency
- Attention to detail; develop and follow Standard Operating Procedures and processes to reduce human errors
B.S. Degree with 10 plus years of Paper Mill experience or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 3 years at Paper Machine Superintendent role or above
Must be a strong leader with demonstrated skills in interpersonal skills, customer service, communication and high sense of urgency and attention to detail
Must work well in teams, both as a Leader and team member
Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office productsAdditional Preferred Qualifications:
Prefer Pulp & Linerboard paper making experience
Understanding of Box Plant Corrugator operation
Customer visits and/or interaction experienceWhat we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.