Gluer Operator - Dallas, TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
United States The opportunity:
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, operation and maintenance of finishing equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
What you need to succeed:
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Review and follow the job ticket.
- Perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Verify finished product matches the supplied sample.
- Perform routine adjustments during each job and maintain production throughout the run.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed.
- Maintain make-ready and run standards while producing quality products.
- Maintain records of daily production using Pecas and specified forms.
- Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Oversee the crew working on the machine.
- Ensure product conforms to quality standards.
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department. Follow established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Complete non-compliance documentation as necessary.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Train co-workers to set up, operate and use equipment as directed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in facility is required.
- 2+ years experience in folding carton converting is preferred.
- Knowledge of the following equipment is preferred: International Paperbox finishing equipment, Bobst finishing equipment and Hyber-Shroeder window machine.
- Must understand and know how to operate quality assurance systems used on operating equipment comparable to that in facility.
- Must be able to operate glue systems such as HHS, Pafra, Nordson PUR system and hot melt units.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, job tickets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, data entry, etc.).
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to read a ruler.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self-motivation.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775693Posted: 2020-05-21