General Labor - Atlanta, GA
6090 Purdue Drive
Atlanta, Georgia, 30336
United States Career Opportunity:
Our WestRock- Food Service Packaging, Atlanta, GA, plant is seeking qualified candidates to fill General Labor Positions in the production dept. This is an entry level, hourly position, $15.38/hour, $.65 shift premium for night shift,where advancement in operations is expected. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company. How you will Impact WestRock:
What you need to succeed
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16" measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills.
- General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
- Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
- Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria
- Product Identification and Labeling
- Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
- Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation and report questionable conditions
- Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris
What we offer
- HS diploma or GED required.
- 12-hour shifts, 6:00pm-6:00am 36 hours one week, 48 hours next week set schedule.
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
- Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be flexible on shift.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775697Posted: 2020-05-21