Maintenance Mechanic - Deer Park, NY
140 West Industry Court
Deer Park, New York, 11729
United States Career Opportunity:
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a quick learner with a good work ethic and commitment to your position? Are you looking for a company where you can grow?
We are currently seeking Maintenance Technicians to join the team in our Deer Park Corrugated Packaging facility. We work in a team-based environment. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of manufacturing processes, complex machinery, and great work ethicHow you will impact WestRock:
What you will need to succeed:
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be educationally certified through a tech or trade school beyond High School
- Must be highly safety conscious.
- Proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775704Posted: 2020-05-21