3rd Shift Production Supervisor, Labels - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
United States Career Opportunity
The Lansing Facility is seeking a Production Supervisor- Labels who will Ensure the timely production of quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, all SOPs, work instructions, and GMPs. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company's values and behaviors. Responsible for day-to-day management of department including handing out work assignments, daily planning, managing performance of direct reports, operational decisions, problem-solving, and conflict management. How you will impact WestRock
What you need to succeed
- Ensures department meets production and quality goals on a daily basis.
- Identifies, documents and shares departmental metrics for, Safety, Quality, Waste, Productivity and any other metrics required by the company.
- Plans and schedules staffing to meet workload requirements and productivity standards.
- Manages employee performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards.
- Conducts on-time performance reviews of direct reports.
- Trains or ensures training is conducted in Safety, GMPs, Quality systems rules and procedures.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment and manages competing priorities.
- Makes sound operational decisions.
- Understands the functions and capabilities of various departments and uses those resources effectively.
- Analyzes root causes and solves problems effectively and in a timely manner.
- Uses data to improve productivity.
- Leads, motivates, and inspires individual workers and teams.
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Manages effectively through change and transition.
- Owns issues and problems, seeing them through to resolution.
- Identifies with and supports company leadership and supports company decisions.
- Ensures that employees are cross-trained and given opportunities to continually learn new things.
- Provides needed resources and support (technical, training, motivational).
- Builds collaborative relationships within the organization.
- Identifies and resolves potential safety problems; responds to safety audits.
- Writes SOP's as needed; submits revision requests and creates temporary work instructions.
- Ensures all documentation/time sheets are legible and accurate.
- Addresses both internal and external corrective actions.
- Maintains a clean work environment (5S).
- Leads effective department meetings and team huddles.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What we offer
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' supervisory experience if external candidate; printing experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to do the jobs he/she is supervising or to quickly gain a working knowledge of those jobs.
- If internal candidate, must show strong technical knowledge plus demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
- Must have good Mechanical Aptitude.
- Must have math and measurement skills to understand, track, analyze, and report on operating metrics.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have ability to foster teamwork and motivate individual performers.
- Must have knowledge of or be able to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be process oriented.
- Must be able to reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass color vision tests.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 552775726Posted: 2020-05-21