, established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke's reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance. General Description of the Job Class
Under general management, the Service Access Manager - HIM Supervisor, Document Management
coordinates and monitors the overall workflows, standards and team goals. Supervise and trains staff engaged in HIM functions and assists in developing operating policies and procedures. Duties and Responsibilities Personnel Management
- Responsible for identifying professional development needs, initiating continued development training and monitoring ongoing progress.
- Develop, onboard and train new employees. Ensure 30, 60, 90-day onboarding expectations are met.
- Drive health information management operational decisions to resolve complex issues impacting documentation, patients and providers.
- Provide communication timely to staff regarding Error Feedback received by quality review and discuss overall monthly quality review scores with each staff member.
- Maintain attendance records for each employee; monitor and approve PTO time off requests based upon department business needs. Monitor, update and approve API with accurate employee information.
- Communicate changes in policy and procedures as needed to remain compliant with health system requirements.
- Prepare and deliver monthly, midyear and annual performance evaluations for each employee.
- Coordinate, schedule and communicate effectively with Manager promoting a positive and productive work team. Share organization, planning and presentations of team meetings as scheduled.
- Holds primary authority for recommendations of advancement, promotion, hiring, firing or other change of status for direct reports.
- Responsible for performance management to include counseling, performance improvement plans and corrective actions as necessary. Schedule and meet with low performing employees on weekly basis. Maintain personnel files in accordance with Human Resource policy.
- Identify FMLA circumstances for staff. Initiate, document and monitor the guidelines associated with the requirements.
- Ensure staff compliance with Workers Compensation requirements. Document appropriate forms and initiate within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Monitors requirements of mandatory training and communicates employee's status.
- Validate and reassess productivity standards through observations, documenting and sharing for management review and recommend resolution/feedback.
- Conduct regular rounding conversations with staff to build connections through learning, caring and sharing.
- Monitor security access for all staff and inform management of any necessary updates in a timely manner.
- Review dail y, weekly, and monthly inventory and staffing to meet departmental key performance indicator goals.
- Monitor work assignments to ensure appropriate coverage on a daily basis.
- Monitor Interface Error and Document Corrections work queues daily; investigate and resolve complex issues and confer with patients, Duke Staff or others as necessary to ensure accuracy of the electronic health record.
- Support DUHS Compliance through investigation and documentation of events pertaining to potential PHI breaches related to document processing.
- Maintain liaison with hospital and clinic personnel to coordinate efforts to resolve problems concern to ensure the integrity of the electronic health record.
- Understand, manage and achieve labor productivity standards to support budgeted staffing levels.
- Interacts with and provides timely verbal andwritten responses to internal and external customers.
- Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the unit; recommends, implements, and administers operating protocol and procedures to enhance operations.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees, as assigned.
- Author recommended departmental policies and procedures to include documenting and testing of database logic needs.
- Actively participate in Employee Engagement initiatives based on work culture scores and action plans.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
High school diploma required. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is strongly preferred.*RHIA or RHIT are strongly preferred.Experience
Requires six years of experience of a progressive nature in a healthcare setting to become knowledgeable of the complex activities associated with healthcare services. An Associate's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for two years of experience. A Bachelor's degree in healthcare or business may substitute for four years of experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department. Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: