CubeSmart is currently seeking a District Manager in Training. While running the daily operations of one of our facilities, the District Manager in Training will simultaneously participate in an intensive six to twelve-month training program to acquire operational and managerial knowledge, learn what it takes to have outstanding store performance, and gain exposure to every aspect of CubeSmart's business. Upon successful completion of the program, the District Manager in Training will be provided with the opportunity to become a District Manager.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career and to make a difference? Are you eager to take on more responsibility, enhance your current skill-set and learn from the best in the business? Are you flexible geographically and able to relocate? If this describes you, then this District Manager in Training position at CubeSmart may be for you. Who we are:
At CubeSmart, we're intentional about culture. You can experience it everywhere from our mission statement of "genuine care" to our "It's What's Inside That Counts" tagline to calling each other "teammates" rather than employees. This spirit fosters a fun and collaborative environment that has resulted in our rapid growth and being recognized amongst the top in our industry.
CubeSmart's award-winning team is made up of people who genuinely care. Teammates care about our customers and the life events and/or business needs they are facing. Teammates are passionate, responsible and understanding. The CubeSmart team is made up of people who have a can-do attitude, are committed to their own success and the success of the company, and lead by example.
If this sounds like a team and culture that matches your personal values and motivations, we want to hear from you. Responsibilities
The District Manager in Training (DMT) program will be focused on four strategic areas; (i) store performance, (ii) developing a strong operational knowledge base, (iii) developing strong leadership and management traits and (iv) real-life experience while witnessing and applying their knowledge in these identified strategic areas. By the completion of the program, the DMT will be eligible to be considered for a District Manager position in which they would oversee a territory of stores. The ability to relocate when offered a District Manager role is essential.
In addition to the robust training program provided, the District Manager in Training plays a key role in the management of our business and will initially operate as a General Manager (GM) in order to more fully understand CubeSmart's processes and culture. Responsibilities as a GM include:
- Deliver the "WOW!" service model and personally interact with Customers and sales leads on a regular basis both over the phone and in person.
- Sell merchandise including packing/moving supplies, locks, and insurance to protect Customers' goods.
- Responsible for daily operations and maintenance of a store location including but not limited to: utilizing POS system, conduct space audits and maintain cleanliness of store, accurately maintain store spending, coordinate auctions, produce reports and perform light repair as needed.
- Provide support to store employees to enhance sales and service performance, operational effectiveness, and store maintenance.
- Understand and participate in monthly review of P&L statements with District Manager and store team.
This opportunity is not for everyone, but rather for those select individuals who are ambitious, career-driven, maintain a strong work ethic, hold themselves to high standards, maintain the highest of ethical values and have a strong belief that Customers (both internal and external) are the number one priority.
The following requirements must be met to be considered for this role:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer,
- Minimum of 5 years progressively successful employment, preferably in service related industry
- Proven ability to lead, develop and coach people; direct supervisorial experience preferred
- Four year Bachelor degree in business or related field preferred; Associate's degree or equivalent experience required
- Successful track record growing revenue, managing budgets and P&L's of at least $1 million in annual revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and deal with numerous interruptions
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility for extended travel and overnight stays to multiple locations
- Must be willing and able to relocate regionally within a 12-month period (relocation assistance may be provided)
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.