Ensure the timely production of products whose quality meets or exceeds both internal and external customer expectations. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (set-up times, remakes, waste). Ultimately responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned department through collaborative relationship building with peer managers, the management of subordinate staff, achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions and resolving issues that might arise. Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company's core processes. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes production and quality control standards for department.
- Meets with customers and suppliers as required.
- Develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations scheduling and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with other areas (e.g. procurement, and quality assurance) to obtain optimum production and utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operations or production problems.
- Ensures that all assigned CAR's are completed within 72 hours of receiving a sample of the defective product.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data and uses this data to share performance with the team at monthly Department meetings.
- Assures compliance to all company policies and procedures, continually participating in company LEAN manufacturing training and audits.
- Responsible for maintaining color calibration / fingerprinting for varying substrates, ensure control match between proof, press and final product, collaborate with press staff to troubleshoot color match issues that might arise.
- Meets with each shift at least once per week to ensure issues and problems are being addressed across the team
- Generate and maintain departmental SOP's for processes within department.
- Recognize and develop talent within the department.
- Maintain structured training program for onboarding and advancement within department.
- Hold regular staff meetings to communicate and collaborate with team.
- Minimum 3-5 years' supervisory or lead experience required.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic prepress operations and how it interacts with the Press Room.
Must be efficient in advanced computer skills.
Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Must be well versed and experienced in viewing and correcting color of Press and Proofs.
Must be aware of G7, prefer experienced.
Must be familiar with Esko Pre Press workflow systems and assembly software such as Adobe products and color management controls.
Must have the ability to quickly adapt, make critical decisions, and be a change leader.
Must have capability to learn quickly and manage employees collaboratively, in a fast-moving department.
Must pass color vision and hue test.
Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have knowledge of or the ability to learn safety rules and procedures, operating, maintenance, and technical policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and occasionally travel.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Employee is required to: sit, stand, talk, see, be mobile and hear.