Job Description Instrumentation Specialist - (Borger, Texas, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up
and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future,
and grow your career.
Reports to the Reliability Supervisor.
This position is located in Borger, Texas, U.S.A. and is not
available for remote work.What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Perform solving, design, optimization, and fault mitigation efforts around instrumentation with the Borger Nitrogen facility
- Execute safe and efficient work practices by maintaining familiarity of our ever advancing safety culture
- Demonstrate not only safe work practice for own self, but also others
- Act as a technical resource for Operations and Maintenance groups around instrumentation and related items
- Own instrumentation reliability issues from "threat" to "success"
- PM optimization of field instruments, control systems, PLC hardware, Field Cabinets
- RCFA owner of instrumentation related failures
- Work with contractors, vendors, licensors, and other inter-company groups to optimize reliability and utilize best industry practices
- Proactively lead projects to remediate "end of life" instrumentation equipment using a criticality prioritization
- Explore gaps in control schemes, instrumentation, and automation opportunities
- Attend and complete required training relating to position
Are you a good match? Apply today!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of Process Control Engineering or Instrumentation Specialist experience
- Background in Industrial Control preferably in Chemical Manufacturing/Refining
- Have previously designed, implemented and proven Process Control/Automation design philosophies
- Must have strong troubleshooting abilities on a control, process, and design basis
- Understanding operations of a manufacturing plant would be beneficial
- Understanding of instrumentation and application purposes for different process streams
- Automation project experience or FAT or SAT for control system experience is beneficial
- Must have a background in Low Voltage DC systems
- Proficient with all associated hand tools: fiber meters, toners, multi-meters, gauges, etc.
- Must be proficient with different units of measure and conversion
- Experience with DCS and PLC's a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on:
LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran