Commission Analyst - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
United States Commission Analyst - Lansing Career Opportunity
Perform all services to support MPS's commission programs including review of monthly plant commission accruals, commission accrual GL account reconciliation, commission calculation, submittal of commission payments, maintain documentation supporting the commission programs, maintain and improve companies sales reporting system, interaction with sales people and sales managers and complete various analysis as needed to review cost and effectiveness of the commission programs.How you will impact WestRock
- Utilizes available computer systems resources and personnel to carry out analysis to
supplement commission programs.
- Proposes alternative solutions to management as to courses of action that best meet the organization's goals.
- Works closely with senior managers to identify and solve a variety of problems with the company's commission programs.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve
existing business systems.
What you need to succeed
- Solicits from management symptoms of problem, formally defines the problem, breaks problem into component parts, and gathers information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
- Assists in adhering to a five-business day closing schedule.
- Ensures accounts are balanced and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent in related field is preferred.
- Two years' related experience is preferred.
- Experience interacting with internal customers and multiple locations is required.
- Experience with manufacturing operations with revenues in excess of $50 million is required.
- Proficient in or able to quickly learn computer-based business applications.
- Well-organized and highly analytical.
- Possess knowledge and practical application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Comfortable with an environment that is consistently improving and changing.
- The ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel, email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
- Able to maintain good attendance.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
#MI What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Posting ID: 552776057Posted: 2020-05-21