Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better. Job Description
Will work in a tool crib facility that will directly support daily aircraft maintenance activities & flight operations. Requisitions, receives, stores, identifies, and issues tool kits, individual hand tools, shop supplies, electrical/electronic testing & measuring devices, personal protective equipment, and HAZMAT supplies. Maintains records of tools issued to employees; takes periodic inventory and requisitions stock as needed; reports damaged, worn out, or missing equipment using computers to enter transactions, validate information and maintain database. Operates a computer workstation and must have a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, inventory control systems, precise measuring equipment and be familiar with FOD control procedures and processes. Establishes and maintains required inventories for assigned cribs and prepares estimates of future requirements. Cleans, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment; disposes of surplus or obsolete equipment in accordance with established procedure. Ensures that measuring devices are routinely inspected & calibrated. Strong teamwork and communication skills are required; will be working side by side with U.S. government, military, and contractor personnel on Edwards AFB, Ca.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years` of experience in a tool crib, maintenance/manufacturing environment, or tool inventory control position
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and be able to work standing up for extended periods of time.
- Able to use/hold/manipulate small tools and parts with hands. Simple grasping, power grasping and fine manipulation is required.
- Able to use vibrating tools and perform torqueing operations in include hand tools & power equipment and climb ladders or stairs.
- Must possess a valid state issued driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret DoD Security Clearance before start date within 365 days.
- Must be able to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from date of submission
- Must be detail oriented, teamwork oriented, and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to learn and follow established processes, procedures, and requirements
- Experience with data entry, and proficient using digital scanners for tool control & inventory
- Experience maintaining records and providing traceability of materials
- Experience receiving tools, inspecting, verifying, inventory, cleaning, tracking for accuracy.
- Have experience with and be comfortable using forklifts
- Must be willing to work on-site at Edwards AFB and work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift as required.
- At least 6 years` experience maintaining tools/tool kits for the U.S. Air Force
- SAP Experience (System, Application, & Products)
- Prior tool crib experience in a military aircraft flight line environment
- Government Property management
- HAZMAT experience/qualified a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.