The Space Systems Engineering (SSE) Assistant Department Manager (ADM) will assist in the development and implementation of initiatives (people, processes, tools and products) for the Systems Engineering (SE) Directorate.
Role and Responsibilities:
Assist in the development and implementation of directorate, center and department strategies to drive employee engagement, skills development and management, and retention of talent. The successful candidate will provide leadership and/or support to program tiger teams, IRTs, deep dives, milestone and technical reviews, PCABs, training and conference identification, SE CoP efforts, SE SOO goal efforts, NAR/ICE activities, and process ownership, improvement and development. The ADM will assist in ensuring the SSE departments are meeting program technical, process, product, and staffing needs. The ADM is accountable for support to leadership development of SSE staff including section managers and senior department members - coordinate across CoE/Directorate to identify and close on development opportunities for department members. The ADM helps to ensure center employees are familiar with and use required engineering processes and tools. Responsibilities also include day-to-day operation of the functional organization such as balancing of resources among programs, and resolving critical/urgent program issues.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 7+ years of experience in Systems Engineering (5+ with a MS STEM degree, 3+ with a PhD STEM degree)
- Broad understanding of system engineering processes and products with a proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to these discipline areas
- Prior experience as a manager or team lead
- Currently possess an Active SCI clearance
- Advanced Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees
- Aptitude to develop and execute to a strategy
- Self-directed technical leader with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering for a Space Program
- Project experience in System Integration, Requirements & Verification, Design, Architecture, Analysis, and/or Launch & Operations
- Experience in functional management
- Active TS and SSBI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.