At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Electrical Design Integration Engineer - 3, located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following space vehicle, spacecraft, and/or payload electrical integration tasks:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Electrical systems requirements development & analysis
- System, subsystem, and unit-to-unit electrical block diagram generation
- Power and command & telemetry hardware resource management and allocation
- Electrical Connectivity development for spacecraft harness design
- Command & Telemetry database development
- Fusing, signal integrity, and electrical interface compatibility analysis
- Provide feedback regarding impacts of possible cost and/ or schedule changes
- Work and execute independently with some technical oversight
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance on best practices
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience; OR Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM discipline from an accredited university with 3 years of engineering experience OR a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance or TS/SSBI clearance
- Experience with space vehicle electrical design and/or integration
- Spacecraft and/or Payload background with experience through the entire system lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to operation support.
- Experience working on electrical design and troubleshooting efforts.
- Detailed knowledge of circuit simulation software such as PSPICE, and/or database management software such as Microsoft Access or ORACLE.
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552776654Posted: 2020-05-21