Role Description & Responsibilities:
Northrop Grumman is actively seeking a motivated defense/aerospace professional with the demonstrated ability to proactively create, cultivate and enhance relationships with current and potential customers and key contacts in International industry and Government to identify, develop, and capture new business opportunities. The responsibilities of the position will balance external customer relationship management activities with internal support of the daily operations of the gun business development team. The Business Development Representative role reports directly to the Guns Business Development Director.
The Business Development Representative will:
• Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential customers, Lead System Integrators, stakeholders and US embassies within the International Guns market segment.
• Gather intelligence through customer interaction and market analysis to identify strategic new business opportunities.
• Prepare consolidated business development capture plans and pursuit briefings in support of new business acquisition.
• Proactively work with external customers, internal stakeholders and International representatives and business development teams across departments and business segments to execute structured and planned business development and capture initiatives.
• Develop and deliver customer presentations which communicate recommended cannon solutions that address requirements critical to providing lethal overmatch to the Warfighter.
• Develop presentations and white papers that communicate growth strategies and plans for legacy and advanced gun programs to senior management within the Gun Business Segment.
• Coordinate customer visits, internal meetings and web-based conferences in support of new business development.
• Perform research activities in support of new business development, capture strategy, and proposal development.
• Maintain the business development CRM database for all active guns new business opportunities and pursuits.
• Coordinate and Lead live-fire demonstrations efforts as directed by the Guns Business Development Director
• 10 years of experience with a Bachelors degree; 8 years of experience with a Masters degree
• 8-10 years of DoD sector work.
• Solid understanding of the DOD market and acquisition processes.
• 5 years' experience in Business Development, Marketing, or Program Management.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience in effective and successful negotiations.
• Strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to function in an uncertain and changing environment
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
• US citizenship required.
• Master's degree or MBA.
• Prior experience with large and medium caliber military armaments.
• Previous military experience as a senior staff officer or combat arms officer.
• International experience with Foreign Governments, companies and or embassies.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552776673Posted: 2020-05-21