In today's conflicts, a new battlefield is arising - one where traditional systems aren't the only ones targeted. At Northrop Grumman, we create unrivaled, full-spectrum cyber solutions to actively combat these threats. Our offensive and defensive capabilities act as powerful deterrents, while built-in resiliency hardens systems so that when attacked, they're protected. That's why we're a leader in end-to-end Cyber for the modern world. We're seeking a Principal or Senior Principal Cyber Threat Specialist who wants to join our team on this cyber battlefield. The position can be located in either Annapolis Junction, MD or San Antonio, TX.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
• Conduct all-source research on cyber threat actors and intrusion sets (e.g., APTs); evaluate both technical and Intel reporting for cyber threat activities of interest.
• Provide written assessments of specific nation states' use of cyber operations, to include their objectives, approach, capacity, and aligned actors; Provide technical assessments of cyber threat actor use of cyber vulnerabilities, exploits, payloads, access infrastructures, and mission platforms.
• Support Cyber Threat Framework Profiles for specified Cyber Threat Actors using a variety of cyber threat intelligence sources, to include: commercial cyber threat intel services, government reporting, and classified resources.
• Analyze classified reporting to identify current and emerging threat trends and work with intelligence community partners to produce and offer classified threat intelligence products and briefings to internal and external partners and stakeholders.
• Support informational and analytic products designed to increase situational awareness and advanced warning of current and emerging cyber threats and risks; Report on underlying patterns of behavior by conducting detailed analysis of incidents, threats and risks and associated impacts and consequences, vulnerabilities, tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP), and other malicious and non-malicious indicators.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or Senior Principal level.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Cyber Threat Analyst
• Bachelor's degree and five years of professional experience or a High school diploma and nine years of professional experience.
• Two years of cyber threat analysis experience.
Basic Qualifications for Sr Principal Cyber Threat Analyst:
• Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years of professional experience, or high school diploma and thirteen years of professional experience.
• Three years of cyber threat analysis experience.
• Current Cybersecurity Certification meeting the DoDD 8570 IAT Level 2 Requirement, i.e., Security+ and/or GSEC certs
• Experience and knowledge of performing all-source intelligence analysis of threat nations, organizations, and forces.
• US Citizen and active Secret clearance.
• Master's degree
• Current Cybersecurity Certification meeting the DoD 8570 IAT Level 3 Requirement, i.e., Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and/or CISSP.
• Knowledge and Experience with DIA's Validated Online Lifecycle Threat (VOLT) reports and associated Cyber Threat Assessment Modules published to the Defense Intelligence Threat Library (DTIL).
• Knowledge of USG/DoD Cyber Threat Frameworks, to include the NSA/CSS Technical Cyber Threat Framework v2 (NTCTFv2) and the MITRE ATT&CK (Adversarial Tactics Techniques and Common Knowledge) framework.
• Knowledge of the technical composition and characteristics of the five DoD Network Classes (general purpose networks, control systems, commercial mobile systems, digital telephony/telepresence networks, and battlefield systems).
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.