Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Returning High School Electronics and Payloads Intern
to join the Aerospace Systems Sector High School Intern Program.This position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Northrop Grumman's Electronics and Payloads group. The selected candidate will perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or software areas.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of engineering specializations that may include:
Qualifications :Basic QualificationsA candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Operate related equipment; conduct tests and report data in prescribed format.
- Perform calibration and alignment checks; make adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed.
- Prepare prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Be enrolled full-time in a High School Program and have completed their Junior Year at the start of the internship (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
- Have an un-weighted cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
- Have an un-weighted cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher.
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for 8 weeks during summer 2019.
- Previous work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Interest in a career in the STEM Field
- Experience or involvement with Northrop Grumman's STEM programs (VEX Robotics, CyberPatriot, MESA, NG mentoring program HIP, FIT)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com