Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Electrical Engineer, T2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us to advance your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Engineering team, where they will work on Infrared Countermeasures suite of products as a Test Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Researches, designs, develops, tests and identifies improvements / corrective actions for a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including Lasers, Laser Transmitters, Ultraviolet sensors, Infrared sensors, system Processors along with an assortment of test equipment and associated systems. Having experience in programming in C++, National Instruments Labwindows/CVI and/or Labview is a plus.
• Troubleshooting production problems to determining root cause of failures and identify corrective actions
• Write production documentation and work instructions, equipment procedures, and develop materials.
• Develop and design production tooling to improve processes.
• Develop and introduce new processes and equipment to the production floor.
• Support production floor and test technicians
• Optimizing processes to reduce cost and increase throughput
• Maintaining process and procedures in accordance with ISO standards
• Working with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues
• Creating and analyzing metrics to target cost improvements
• Hardware integration and test
• Create engineering documentation (change notices, parts lists, bills of materials, test reports, test procedures)
• Support transition technologies from design to production
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering
Minimum of 2 years related experience
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Proficient in MS office
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance and US Citizenship
Knowledge of statistics and/or Six Sigma methods, understanding of GD&T, computer programming experience, familiarity
Experience Laser test equipment
Experience with data mining / correlation studies
Experience with SQL Server database development
Networking and troubleshooting test stations
Experience troubleshooting hardware
Experience with MATLAB
Experience with IRCM hardware and support equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.