At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge
Northrop Grumman IT Solutions team is seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. These solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
He/she will interface and lead technical discussions with senior management, project managers, enterprise architects, technical specialists and the customer on a regular basis. You are the technical lead responsible for the project's overall system design and technical baseline.
The SE performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept/scope, requirements, design, verification and validation, and transition to production. Performs functional and schedule analysis, trade studies, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements, taking into consideration technical, schedule and cost constraints into optimal solutions for our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Determine high level business requirements and implementation strategies in conjunction with customer and manage requirements throughout the Systems Engineering 'V' lifecycle or systems development lifecycle
• Ensure or evangelize architecture and design alignment with NG standards & strategic direction
• Develop feasibility, rough order of magnitude (ROM) & Committed pricing estimates including detailed basis of estimate
• Create or develop scope, technical requirements, architecture & design documents or models
• Establish test plans, requirements traceability & transition to production artifacts or models
• Ensure security concepts and technologies are factored into designs and implementations to ensure policy compliance
• Ensure system or solution develop, integration, verification and validation is performed against requirements
• Perform as a technical lead in providing solution alternatives for Trade Studies and other technical problems
• As needed, support proposal or business development or technical review efforts including technical and cost estimations, solution presentation to review boards
• As needed, provide technical guidance or advice to customers related to technology (h/w, s/w or other IT infrastructure components) purchases
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Requires 5 years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelors in Science degree; 3 years of experience with Masters; 0 Years with PhD, or 10 years of relevant IT experience in lieu of BS degree
• Knowledge of two or more of the following technical domains: Software, IT Infrastructure, Network, Security, Business Analytics, Mobility, Virtualization, Cloud Technologies; MBSE
• Proven experience providing total system or solution perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components for a project
• Able to travel at least 25%; even internationally
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or higher security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Familiarity with classical SDLC, ITIL, Agile-SCRUM, SAFe, general computer security requirements, services and enterprise solutions or best practices (e.g., NIST 800-171 or NIST 800-53)
• Technical experience with SAP ERP systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, Mobile Applications, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions
• Prior experience supporting various classified environments and meeting government and security requirements including SAP, JSIG, JAFAN 6/3, STIG, RMF, ICD 705 and DFARS is a plus
• Experience with designing International IT systems and infrastructure including understanding of import, export and ITAR regulations
• INCOSE or other System Engineering technical certifications
• Possesses strong interpersonal, communications and leadership skills and must be able to clearly articulate analysis results to colleagues, management, and customers.
• Proven leadership and team building skills; excellent written and oral communications skills, with emphasis on drawing, modeling and communicating systems engineering
• Able to apply broad technical principles, theories, and concepts; expected to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
• Possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing environment under general direction and management oversight
• Active DOD Secret, or higher level security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.