This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used
to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
COI Ceramics Inc. (COIC), an affiliate of Northrop Grumman Corporation, is a world leader in development and delivery of mission-critical ceramic matrix composite (CMC) structures for the aerospace and defense industries. With over 20 years of experience, COIC uses advanced CMC manufacturing technologies to produce lightweight and reliable structures for commercial and military aircraft, missile and industrial programs.
As a Sr. PrincipalManufacturing Engineer
for COIC, responsibilities will include both the planning and execution phases of ceramic composite hardware fabrication for a wide variety of aerospace applications. Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes on factory (manufacturing) floor.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of composite design, composite materials and parts, composite fabrication and processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, composite assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Designs manufacturing workflow, layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Communicates with internal or external design team regarding product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Develops purchase requests and partners with vendors to determine product specifications of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Support proposal effort by estimating production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Communicates with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM program required. A minimum of 15 years of experience in advanced composite manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly processes. Experience must include lay-up, machining, assembly and inspection of advanced composite materials and hardware. Experience with aircraft, aerospace and ceramic composite materials is preferred.
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related Engineering discipline is preferred.
- Skilled at representing an organization as a technical contact, and interacting with teams and leadership on important technical elements of the build, assembly, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge and application of continuous improvement philosophy and tools.
- Expertise with problem solving, including identify root cause and implement technical solutions to ensure product quality and improve process.
- Skilled at developing program bill of materials (BOM).
- Ability to read, interpret and create engineering drawings.
- Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
- Effective team communication, collaboration, and influencing others skills.
- Strong computer skills and presentation development and delivery skills.
- Prefer knowledge and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Prefer CAD experience (NX-10/Team-center or other CAD experience).
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizen capable of qualifying for a security clearance. Preferred candidates will have a current and active DoD Clearance with an investigation date within the last five years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552776972Posted: 2020-05-21