At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Global Operations has an opening for a College Intern Technical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidate will perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems.
Work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
Operate related equipment; conduct tests and report data in prescribed format.
Perform calibration and alignment checks; make adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed.
Prepare prescribed compounds and solutions.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
* Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
* Be majoring in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree.
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
* Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher.
* Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
* Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2019.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community: LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Posting ID: 552777084Posted: 2020-05-21